It’s important to overcome trauma holistically because trauma is often experienced in more than one way. Think of a serious car accident. There is the obvious physical trauma but also emotional and mental trauma, especially if you were at fault. There is also the potential trauma of your life being very different due to your injuries.
Trauma often has multiple layers and so an integrative and holistic approach to overcoming trauma is needed.
Trauma experienced in childhood
Trauma experienced in childhood is particularly impactful as it can interrupt your mental, physical and emotional development, and negatively affect your sense of self, belief systems and outlook on life.
- If you’ve experienced childhood trauma or difficult environments growing up, it can lead to poor coping mechanisms to deal with life, which generally means you experience more stress. But it’s always possible to learn better ways to manage stress.
- If you felt unsafe or like your environment was out of control when you were growing up, it can set you up for anxiety later in life. Maybe you even feel anxious simply thinking about your family and childhood.
- Family trauma and adverse childhood experiences can significantly affect your belief that you can control your environment and have your needs met. As an example: imagine being the youngest or the only daughter and being expected to do as you’re told, look after your parents, please the whole family and cop verbal or emotional abuse if you don’t – depression could be the long-term result.
Traumatic memories, trapped emotions, limiting beliefs and unhealthy thought patterns often become reactive survival or coping mechanisms. However, we’re generally unaware of them because these protective mechanisms are held at a subconscious level.
For these reasons, overcoming trauma is a process that may take some time and may need different therapies to address the various aspects of trauma and its effects – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. That’s why it’s best to overcome trauma holistically.
What techniques are used to overcome trauma holistically?
Jocelyn uses a unique, integrated approach that aims to help your whole system recover from traumatic experiences. She combines the following for effective results:
- Integrative Counselling & Coaching
- Explore key traumas in childhood – particularly with parents & siblings
- Resolve the 5 wounds of childhood, sources of fear, and 18 unhealthy childhood schemas
- Create conscious awareness of limiting beliefs & unhealthy thought patterns
- Use creative visualisation & role play techniques to explore the possibilities of new beliefs, new thinking and new ways of acting
- Discover which of the 7 universal needs are not being met
- Support development of healthy boundaries – emotional, mental, sexual & physical – and a stronger sense of self & personal identity
- Reclaim your power & voice so you can authentically express your truth & needs and get your life back on track
- Provide tools and strategies for the practice of forgiveness, self-compassion & self-love to help develop confidence, resilience and self-belief
- The LifeLine Technique – Developed by Dr Darren Weissman in the USA
- A 16-step process that combines 15 healing modalities in one complete system
- Fast and effective harmonising of subconscious reactive behaviours and limiting beliefs that stem from traumatic experiences
- Particularly beneficial for processing traumatic memories locked in the subconscious mind (PTSD) and reprogramming disempowered belief systems
- Thought viruses, core limiting beliefs, and holding patterns that keep our minds & bodies stuck in trauma
- Nutripuncture – Developed by Dr Patrick Veret in France
- Combines Western medicine & biochemistry with acupuncture and homeopathy
- Particular sequences designed to release trauma at a cellular level
- Supports 3-dimensional axis so you can be centred, grounded, on axis and within your healthy boundaries or limits
- Supports healthy function of cellular membranes & exchanges to better deal with life stressors and help maintain overall balance
- Amethyst BioMat – FDA & European registered medical device for pain relief
- Produces deeply penetrating far infrared light (15-20cm) & negative ions – feels like a gentle internal or cellular massage
- Relieves physical tension, soothes & relaxes, reduces stress & fatigue, boosts energy
- When your body is more relaxed it helps you to think more clearly, explore trauma memories more openly, and to sleep better.
- A more relaxed body that is not in fight/flight mode has more chance to heal
- The increased core body temperature also boosts the immune system
- PowerTube TENS device
- Electrical nerve stimulation that can help relieve chronic pain or stiffness associated with physical anxiety and tension
- Supports energy flow to combat draining effects of stress, fear and hyper-vigilance
- Jocelyn uses other energy balancing tools and techniques to help re-establish harmony and balance in your body & life.
Coping with a traumatic experience can seem daunting and overwhelming, and probably feels like there is no way out. There is hope. With a holistic approach, a safe and compassionate space to process traumatic memories and empowering processes and tools to build new foundations and a stronger sense of self, there is a way to move through trauma.
Please also remember that there are 24-hour crisis help lines and organisations that address specific traumas such as childhood abuse, domestic abuse, natural disasters and career trauma. Please do seek help from these free services if you are feeling overwhelmed and pushed beyond your limits. You are not alone!
Unresolved trauma can severely impact your beliefs
about yourself and negatively affect ALL aspects of your life.
Is it time for something better for you?