There are varying degrees of anxiety. Some can be debilitating in daily living. While others only in certain situations or around certain people. If you’ve lived with anxiety for some time, you’ll know how exhausting and limiting it can be – physically, emotionally and mentally.
If you feel anxious much of the time, you actually develop strong neural pathways and reactive habits that get programmed into your whole system. Anxiety is often so ingrained in your thoughts and behaviours that you probably don’t even really know why you’re feeling anxious. It’s like your body is running on autopilot and in a way, it is.
Because your body, mind and emotions are all affected, anxiety treatment is best with a holistic approach that addresses all of the symptoms, as well as the underlying root causes.
Causes of anxiety
Anxiety often starts as a healthy coping mechanism that gets programmed into your subconscious mind. The programming of our subconscious mind generally occurs from conception through to age seven.
So your childhood experiences and environment may lead to you being wired for anxiety.
Traumatic experiences in childhood and later in life can also set-up you up for anxiety.
Because of the programming due to those experiences, you are then prone to experience anxiety.
In more detail, the causes and triggers of anxiety include:
- An inherited tendency to be tense, uptight or overemotional
- Adverse Childhood Experiences that change brain development and stress responses
- Sensitivity in the behavioural inhibition system (BIS) in the brain
- Smoking during adolescence
- Modelled fears from parents
- Controlling or strict parenting or conversely unstable and unpredictable parenting
- Persistent low-grade stress experienced in modern life
- Stressful life events such as marriage, divorce, death of a loved one, difficulties at work, financial uncertainty, house move
Anxiety has a future-orientation, i.e. you worry about what might happen. Anxiety is strongly linked to your sense of control and belief that you can cope with adversity, i.e. do you feel safe and secure in the world. Parenting plays a key role in your self-belief and developing skills to cope.
Anxiety treatment with a holistic counselling approach practiced by Jocelyn aims to address the problematic symptoms and the root causes of anxiety.
Jocelyn’s primary aim is to address the root cause of your anxiety – the subconscious programming that is no longer serving you. She’ll also address the physical and emotional fatigue that is likely impacting your energy levels, digestive system, immune system, inflammation and pain, clear thinking and decision making.
Keep in mind that each person is unique, and will likely have a number of different factors underlying their anxiety patterns. That’s why Jocelyn has a full arsenal of treatment methods that she can expertly combine and tweak to suit your particular case.
Integrative Counselling & Coaching
- Explore possible root causes of the anxiety – family dynamics and predispositions, early childhood development & wounds, bonding with parents, emotional resilience, and unresolved traumatic events.
- Uncover blind spots with ‘silver lining’ or ‘coin flipping’ techniques.
- Use creative visualisation and role play techniques to overcome or manage performance anxiety & social anxiety.
- Support development of healthy boundaries and authentic expression.
- Brainstorm strategies to better recognise and manage anxiety using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), breath work and other techniques.
The LifeLine Technique
- A 16-step process that combines 15 different healing modalities into 1 unified system.
- A fast and effective way of harmonising the subconscious reactive behaviours and limiting beliefs.
- Particularly beneficial for re-programming unhealthy subconscious reactions associated with panic attacks, phobias, and trauma.
- Addresses thought viruses, core limiting beliefs, and trauma-holding patterns that keep the mind and body stuck in anxiety.
- A combination of Western medicine and biochemistry with acupuncture and homeopathy.
- Supports the kidney/bladder family (water element) to help you go with the flow and feel self-assured.
- Supports healthy function of cellular membranes and exchanges to better deal with anxiety – transforming you from a reactive state to a responsive one.
- Nutripuncture is an advanced therapy developed over the last 30 plus years in France by Dr Patrick Veret.
- An FDA and European registered medical device for pain relief.
- Produces deeply penetrating far infrared light (15-20cm) and negative ions.
- The treatment feels like an internal or cellular massage.
- Helps relieve physical tension.
- Soothes and relaxes.
- Helps reduce stress and fatigue.
- Helps boost energy.
- When your body is more relaxed it helps you to think more clearly, explore root issues of anxiety more openly, and brainstorm creative solutions.
PowerTube – advanced high frequency TENS device
- Electrical nerve stimulation that can relieve neck and shoulder pain, stomach pain and muscle tension often associated with anxiety.
A holistic counselling approach for anxiety treatment aims to:
- balance your energy at all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual
- address the root causes of your problem by reprogramming the subconscious mind
- help you believe that you are in control of your life
- help you develop new skills to cope with adversity
- rebalance the body and relieve physical pain and tension
Don’t let your life be defined by feelings of self-doubt or helplessness or constant panic and worry. There’s a way to banish these feelings to pave the way for a happier, more fulfilled life. Anxiety treatment can help you improve your confidence, optimism and inner peace so you can freely enjoy everything that life has to offer.
Anxiety can severely impact your health and
limit your choices, life experiences & enjoyment of life. Don’t live with it!
Contact Jocelyn today for a Free 30-minute Anxiety Solutions Call.